Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Midwifery Study Group

This picture has nothing to do with midwifery, but I like it.

Every Monday I get to be part of a midwifery study group that is held by a local midwife. There are four of us that attend and it is amazing how much I already love being around these women! I generally find that I have a hard time fitting in or really feeling comfortable around most people. I have a total of probably three good friends, all of which happen to be married to my husbands cousins or friend! 
Anyway, we've been working our way through Heart & Hands by Elizabeth Davis and every week we work on a skill and do research on a herb. I feel good about the work I'm doing and the things I'm learning. While I'm not motivated to become a midwife I do feel like the skills could be useful and the information is interesting to me and will be beneficial when I start teaching birth classes. I also feel like, should the world as we know it end, it'll make me a useful member of society. 

2 comments: