Friday, October 25, 2013

Books

I hardly ever go anywhere without the kids, but since one was napping and the other looked close to it I figured they could stay home with Shayne while I ran some errands. I decided the kids needed a treat. Ok, let's be honest, looking around the bookstore by myself is a pretty good treat! I picked out a handful and was about to leave when I noticed a table of Halloween books and couldn't resist getting more. I originally intended on buying each kid one book, but how could anyone resist such awesome books? I only spent $8 on all of these.
I love that my children saw the books as a treat. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right!
My kids are definitely readers. Last night I got Jacks to go to bed without a fight by telling him we could go to the library today. We go to the library at least twice a week and get a bag full of books plus a themed book kit. Even with all of that we exhaust at least half a shelf of books we own every day! The only negative I can find with my children loving books so much are the amount of tears Jacks sheds when we have to return one of his favorites!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing it all right mama. I aspire to be as read-y with my girls as you are.

    ReplyDelete