Thursday, May 9, 2013

Secret Chocolate Cake

I have been craving sweets non stop and since we desperately need to go grocery shopping we don't exactly have many options. I found this cupcakes for two recipe and tweaked it a bit.

  • I was out of vanilla so I added three tablespoons of cocoa powder
  •  I creamed the sugar and butter instead of melting the butter
  • I used one whole egg instead of egg whites since the color doesn't matter after the addition of cocoa powder
  • I baked it in a glass pan for just one cake instead of making cupcakes as I do not own a cupcake pan. I baked it for twenty five minutes
  • I doubled all other ingredients
  • I topped it with a sprinkle of powdered sugar
It turned out a lot more fudge like than cake like, but it was still tasty.
Now here is where the secret part comes in; I made it and ate it by myself (because I'm disgusting like that) in one afternoon and my husband and children don't ever need to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment