Sunday, March 13, 2016

Life of Fred

One of our recent purchases was Life of Fred.
Sorry my camera is so sad!
The first chapter inspired Jackson to make up his own math problems. He can already do basic addition and subtraction fairly well because he really loves math and will almost always choose math activities when they're available.

Writing his own problems

 The second chapter was just as good as the first and I'm hoping I can keep him from trying to do the whole book at once! We did buy the first four just in case he did decide he couldn't stop!
He and I made a special red notebook just for Apples so he can keep all of his work together. 
I would definitely recommend these books especially if you have a kid that either loves math or one that might need more of an application to real life approach, even though Life of Fred isn't terribly realistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment